Thursday, October 9, 2008

School

So I have decided to go to college. At first I decided to get a two year degree, an A.A.S in General Business. So I went to SFCC to talk with a counselor about the program outline, and he was NOT helpful. I pretty much felt like I was an annoyance to him. He circled a bunch of things on the planning sheet and then handed it to me and said, "This is what you'll need to complete the course." I had also asked him to help me figure out my course if I decided to pursue a Human Resources degree. He didn't even discuss that with me at all. So, thanks to the help of Tammy, I figured out some information about the degree for Human Resources from EWU. So here's the deal.... After some research, I have decided that I am going to get my Bachelors of Arts in Business Administration:Human Resources Management. I feel really good about my decision, and feel that ultimately, this is what I want my degree in. I think it will be the most beneficial for my future career goals as well.
So I called the counseling department of SFCC back, scheduled an appointment with a different person, and will get all my details lined up. I will get my AA from the Falls with a Business emphasis and then transfer to Eastern and finish the program.
I have to admit it is very scary to me to go back to school after 10 years. I am really freaked out about math classes especially. However, I am excited that after being in Management for 10 years, I will get the education to back up my experience and really have a lot to offer future clients and/or bosses.
I will start in January and that will be the end of any sort of social life I may have, but well worth it in the end.

3 comments:

Crystyne said...

Britany, you are my imsperation- if you can go back to school after 10 years, then so can I once my boys are both in school.

The Girls and Dad B. said...

That is cool that you are doing this! School is for everyone, no matter how long it's been since High School. Good luck, you'll do great! If you need help with Math, give me a call, I did pretty well in it. Way to go!
Tami

Rob said...

roHey Sweetie,
I had been away from school for over eleven years when I went into the Y. Needless to say, you were a much better student in HS and you are a whole lot smarter than you pop.
Math will be there and you will likely need some help, as for it.

When you take on school, your life will change. Getting your schooling and subsequent degree will rule your life.

Oh, forget about getting straight As. Have fun with the process and do as well as you can. Having said that, good grades will come in handy if you should decide to go for your MBA.

Love you.