Monday, May 4, 2009

Computer

So here's the deal! I really, really need a new computer. I spend a good 4-5 hours a day on the computer doing homework! My computer is so old and out of date. So, I'm putting this out there for help.

I don't want a laptop because by the time I'm done with school, I'm gonna have to buy a new one. So I am looking for a PC.

I don't know much about computers. I wouldn't even know what to ask about if I called someone, and I don't want to get duped.

So, your input is being requested. What type of PC's are the best? Is there a best? Who is good to buy from? Who has great customer service if a computer illiterate person has to call for questions? Is it even possible to get an "English speaking" human on the line? (Or is that part really too much to ask for?)

Anyway, you get the idea. I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks!

5 comments:

Me said...

An HP is always a good choice, high quality PC. That is what ours is. We got ours at best buy, and it just depends on what you need it for as to what type is best for you.

Crystyne said...

I was going to suggest you ask my husband to go shopping with you, but I see he already commented.

Sarah said...

We bought an HP from Costco, they always seem to have a good price.

Kara said...

I've always been happy with just getting on the dell website and customizing one for myself. They are reliable, cheap, and I like that I can kind of pick and choose the basics I want. I've had 2 over the last 10 years and never had any trouble with them at all. Glad I could discover your blog! -Kara (Dixon) Houser

Anonymous said...

we have a dell zt. we love it. it's a great computer. we ordered it through costco's website, they have great deals.

Heidi