Monday, September 5, 2011

Kennewick, Kids, and men Oh my!

I've had a wonderful weekend down here in Kennewick! Lot's of loves and snuggles and laughing and giggly little girls. I won't say I'm caught up on sleep because I have this very cute, 5 year old with big brown eyes who likes to snuggle up with me for the nights when I'm here.. well... she snores, breathes loudly cause she has a constant stuffy nose and she kicks me in my ribs an butt on and off throughout the night... and I wouldn't give it up for anything! These are the memories that just add on to my inner happiness... and in the moments when I don't feel so happy, I dig in to my "Auntie bucket."

Last night while I was trying to fall asleep, I stared off into the darkness full of memories of living here before. I moved to Kennewick in September of 2009. The first part of that year was tough. I went to counseling for 4 months and came out of it feeling like an entirely different woman.

Summer of 2009 was fun and I reconnected with some people I knew from when I was younger. My first night in Kennewick was fun. DeAnne and her family were in Spokane and I had the house to myself. I talked on the phone with a friend and the rest is history. Fall of 2009 to fall of 2010 was so fun! Life-changing. I felt alive! I was free, happy, and uninhibited in a way...

Alaina was a newborn baby. Kate was 3 and loved doing homework with me. I remember doing homework and sitting on my big bouncy ball/desk chair and bouncing lil Alaina to sleep. I loved helping Big D out and being an Aunt fills that "mommy" in me. Child birth terrifies me! I can't imagine. Ugh!

Kennewick was good for me. I really found myself and that year of my life offers some of my happiest moments and memories. I'm grateful for my friend that was a huge part of my life then, and I'm grateful for my little babies that make my heart smile!

Being and Aunt is the next best thing!

No comments: